wonderful news: photography and a baby

Hi everyone. Hope you all are staying warm. Just thought I'd catch you all up on my little part of the world. As some of you may know I've been learning to use manual on my dslr camera. I don't get to practice as often as I'd like to- but I'm learning slowly. When we went to visit our family over the holidays I made my daughter and niece model for some photos. I need tons of more practice (as you can see below)- but I think I'm improving. I'm not trying to be a professional photographer by any means- I just want to be able to take photos that I'm not scared to show anyone- lol.

This is my beautiful daughter- Megan Nicole.
  


And this little red headed cutie is my niece- Journey.


So what do you guys think? I'd love some feedback. If you're a photographer and have any tips for me I'd love to hear from you. I'm always open to learning new things. :)

Now I'm moving on to some exciting news...

I've also learned that I'm going to be a grandmother. My oldest daughter- Heather- not pictured- is going to have a baby in August- my first grandchild- SUPER excited!! Needless to say- I'll be getting lots of photo practice when the baby arrives. ;) 

They haven't learned the sex of the baby- but shhhh- I'm secretly hoping it's a girl. And not because I think my daughter deserves some revenge for her teenage years- lol. I just loved the experience of having daughters- and I hope she gets to experience it as well- but we're going to be excited no matter the sex. 

I had never really imagined myself being a grandmother- I know two daughters and never- but the answer is "no". I guess I just tossed the idea of it out of my mind. I still see my girls running around with pigtails in their hair lol- it's hard to picture them all grown up and having babies of their own- but that's life and I'm loving it!! Going to be a #1 Grandma!! :)

Well- I guess I'll let you guys go surf the web- until next time- keep smiling!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...