in the spirit of spring


We've enjoyed the warm weather the past few days- so much that I started doing a little spring cleaning. The hubby even built me a little display shelf (below) for my collection of camera's. I ran across this cute little lamb at a flea market the other day. It reminded of one that I had as a child so I just had to buy. ;) I displayed him with the camera's- isn't he cute!


This beautiful machine is now displayed in my "clean" craft room. Yes.. I will admit I let my craft room go a little bit- but I like crafting and things can get out of hand sometimes- lol. My crafty friends know what I mean- right? ;) My grandmother gave me her 1950's Singer sewing machine and sewing box when we went to visit Christmas. I've been waiting until I could get my craft room clean before I took it out of it's case- I'm  so happy to finally have it done.

My grandmother is ninety-six years old and still lives own her own. She cooks, cleans, and even walks to the post office everyday. I just pray I can do at least half of what she does when I'm that age- lol. She's amazing! She's not able to see well enough to sew anymore though- so she decided it was time to pass it down. I'm her only granddaughter, so she wanted me to have it. She taught me how to sew when I was about six years old. I had a cute little purple sewing machine that my mom bought me- loved that thing. I would spend hours making all kinds of goodies. My mom still has my adorable works of art pillows and pin cushions I would make for her.

I'm just so happy to have this fabulous piece that brings back so many memories. :)

Does anyone have a special grandma and me story? We'd love to hear it! Comment below and tell us about a special memory you & your grandmother share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...