i spy challenge | day three | something shiny

Okay guys... I think I'm ready to get back to the challenge. I know it seems a little wacky to start one and then have to take a break- but there's just not much one can do when ill. Actually- I haven't been ill the entire time- just for a few days- but those few days really messed me up. I found myself having to finish some other projects- you know- ones that make the money. ;)

Let me ask you guys something- Do you join any of the Facebook online yard sales groups? I think I have joined almost every single one in Arkansas. People post some really great items on them for sale. A couple of months ago we purchased three tables that a lady was selling on fb. The lady let us have them at eight dollars a piece- so it was a really great deal. We refurbish furniture and these were right up our alley. When we went to pick them up and got them home we just stored them in the workshop for a rainy day- we never really inspected them.

Well- the other day I decided to do a little work on one- and when I flipped it over it was stamped- Tables by Baumritter New York. I did tons of research on it and found out that it's an Early American Art Deco probably 1960's style table. I couldn't believe the prices at which these tables are selling- hint: more than eight dollars. I decided to let my husband do the refinishing on it- and he did a great job it looks wonderful. You can see a photo of it in our Etsy shop- Blackberry Acid Vintage

This really was a great find- it's just an example of the great items people get rid of everyday and put on these online yard sales. If you get a chance you should really check out Facebook to see if there's any in your area.

Okay enough of that and on to the challenge.
 
Day three of the I Spy Challenge was a photo of something shiny. I searched all around the house to find just the perfect shiny item- and I think I found it- well them- since I chose two. I picked a tube of Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick and a pair of my favorite hat pins. I just love the sleek shiny case that the lipstick comes in and I'm just a sucker for old hat pins. I remember my grandmother wearing them in her "Sunday" hat when I was a child. Some had feathers on the tip and others jewels- she would never let me hold them because she thought I'd get pricked by the pin. I always admired the way women dressed with their hats and heels back then just to go to the grocery store- those women really had style and class. Now days your lucky if you don't see someone in pajamas- or pants hanging off their tushy- especially in my neck of the woods- lol.

Well guys this was my "I'm a little late but I did it" day three of I Spy...yeah!! Tomorrow will be a photo of something clear- wonder what "I spy"!! You can check out and play along with us on Instagram. Use the tag #opsispy and post your photos. We'd really love to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...